Who are we?
- Pasifika Against Coronavirus is a community-led action group inspired to help protect Pasifika communities from the spread of coronavirus and to strengthen the resilience of Pasifika families to navigate the changing local and global environment.
- We are collaborating with the Pacific Leadership Forum (PLF) who represent a network of Pasifika church and community leaders across New Zealand. Together we unite in the battle against coronavirus for the wellbeing and livelihood of Pasifika families and future generations.
What do we do?
- We aim to equip and support Pasifika communities with meaningful information and Pasifika stories:
- To protect against the spread of coronavirus
- To facilitate community connection and wellbeing
- To adapt to a changing environment and way of life
- To strengthen Pasifika cultural values and identity
Unite against Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Wash your hands
Wash often. Use soap. 20 seconds. Then dry. This kills the virus by bursting its protective bubble.
Coughing and Sneezing
Coughing or sneezing into your elbow catches the droplets and stops them getting onto your hands.
Be extra vigilant when cleaning – clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.